Dr. Tony Byrd, Superintendent of Schools
Dr. Tony Byrd brings a wealth of academic and leadership expertise, compassion and insight that will benefit the growth of students, staff and the greater Summit County community. He models the attributes of a lifelong learner and the priorities outlined in our Graduate Profile.
Superintendent Goals for the 2022-23 School Year
Ensure effective implementation of year two of the strategic plan.
• Update the board three times/year on strategic plan progress
• Design board work study sessions that develop deeper understanding of the work we are doing within the strategic plan
Build strong community connections with internal and external constituents who support the work of the District and the community at-large.
• Operationalize 120-day entry plan
• Meet with community leaders identified by the board - with a deep emphasis on Latino community members
• Create student task force to guide the superintendent’s work
• Systematically engage with teachers in classrooms, on committees and through ad-hoc opportunities
Identify and share the current state of student performance in the District and build systems and structures that will improve student achievement.
• Schools will implementation of UIPs throughout district in alignment with the student needs in their school
• Develop and implement professional learning strands for principals and teachers that will help ensure improved student performance
• Collaboratively design (with internal and external partners) wrap-around model that will Design & support student wellness and/or achievement
• Consistently review policies with the board in order to ensure equitable access to opportunities and achievement across the system
Finalize and begin implementing a multi-year plan for land use.
• Research and visit comparable districts for ideas on how to use land.
• Complete review of student needs in alignment with strategic plan to ensure new facilities align with goals. Align student needs with new facility development
Build, finalize and begin implementing a multi-year staff housing plan.
• Complete housing needs-assessment.
• Explore partnerships with local entities (e.g. Colorado Mountain College and local governments)
• Design both short-term and long-term housing options.